File Advance Directive

A person who wishes to register an advance directive for healthcare decisions must submit to the Nevada Lockbox, c/o the Secretary of State, a completed and signed Advance Directive Registration Agreement, along with a copy of the advance directive. Do not send the original document.

Submit the completed Advance Directive Registration Agreement form and the copy of the advance directive to:

The Nevada Lockbox
c/o Nevada Secretary of State
555 E. Washington Avenue, Suite 5200
Las Vegas, NV 89101
or via FAX to (775) 684-7177

Once the Advance Directive Registration Agreement form and copy of the advance directive is received, an electronic reproduction of the advance directive will be stored in the Lockbox. Within 10 business days of submittal, the registrant will be provided with a wallet card containing the registration number to be used for access to documents.

Once you have received your registration card, it is important to keep it with you so that it’s available in case of an emergency or illness. It is also wise to share your registration number with your family, friends or authorized entities to ensure that your medical treatment decisions are honored.

Do not include in documents filed personally-identifying information such as a copy of your Social Security Card, your Driver’s License or Identification Card, or any type of bank or investment account, credit card or other financially associated number.  Such information, if discovered, will be redacted and/or documents returned without processing.

Registrants should immediately notify the Lockbox of any changes in your contact information or the contact information of your Primary or Alternate Contacts by using the Authorization to Change Form.  Use the Authorization to Change Form to withdraw from the Advance Directive Registry.  If you wish to change or replace documents you have filed in the Advance Directive Registry, use the Authorization to Change Documents Form to identify what filed documents you want to remove and/or replace and submit the replacement documents with the form.

Don’t have an advance directive? Click here to find out where you can obtain one.