Commercial Recordings


Expand/Contract Questions and Answers

  • What is a benefit corporation?

  • How do I register my corporation as a benefit corporation?

  • How do I file an Assumed Name or DBA (Doing Business As)?

  • How do I check name availability and reserve an entity name?

  • How can I obtain information on the status of a particular entity?

  • How can I find information about an old stock certificate?

  • How can I obtain the forms to file my Articles of Incorporation, or any other Commercial Recordings documents?

  • How can I view the current officers, managers, etc., of a corporation or other entity?

  • What if I do not receive my documents or copies?

  • How do I request a refund of an overpayment?

  • Can I get the colored charters and certificates that were offered in the past?

  • How can I obtain a copy of a business entity record on file with the Secretary of State?

  • Are there any restricted words that cannot be used in an entity's name or purpose without prior authorization?

  • Can I file my Initial, Annual or Amended List online?

  • How do I set up an account to file a document online?

  • Why have I not received documents filed or the certificates I have ordered online?

  • To whom do I make out my check?

  • What are some of the reasons filings are rejected?

  • Can I search a trademark, trade name or service mark online?

  • Do I get my original documents back upon processing or if rejected?

  • Do you offer expedited services?

  • Where can I get answers to tax questions?

  • How do I obtain a "Certificate of Good Standing?"

  • How can I view sample Certificates of Good Standing?

  • How do I verify an electronic Certificate of Good Standing?

  • How do I reinstate a revoked entity?