The Secretary of State's Online Notary Training platform is now available.
Who is required to take a notary training class?
- Anyone applying to be a notary public for the first time;
- Anyone renewing their appointment as a notary public; or
Anyone renewing an appointment as a notary public, who, if during preceding 4 years has been fined for failing to comply with a statute or regulation of the State of Nevada.
About the Class
The notary training class is designed to provide a detailed explanation of the roles and responsibilities of a notary. The class will cover important topics such as:
- identifying document signers
- what a notary certificate is and how to use it earnestly
- which identification is valid and which is not
- the correct information required in your notary journal
- who is required to keep a journal
- how long you must keep a journal
- how to avoid fines
- the fee you may collect for your notary service
- how to calculate these fees
- who is responsible for the notary stamp and journal
- what to do if your notary stamp is lost or stolen
- how to avoid easy mistakes
How to Register for a Class
You can now register for notary classes online. Please click here to begin your class registration.
Should I take the notary training class online or in person?
Online. The Secretary of State's Notary Division offers the notary training in-person class setting only to organizational groups.
1. Register and pay for the training online. The fee is $45 for the class, due at the time of registration and is non-refundable. If you are paying by credit card, please use our online registration service. All major credit cards are accepted. There is no additional fee for online registration.
2. Log back in to your NVSOS account and access the confirmation letter under Profile and then My Registrations tab.
3. Follow the instructions on the confirmation letter to access the online notary training on an external site. Please note that you will need to create a separate user account once you get to the online notary training page.
If you are paying by check, you must submit a paper application.