The NVRA places five main provisions on States:
- Voter Registration: Designate certain offices as Voter Registration Agencies and provide the opportunity to register to vote at all of these locations. For more information, please visit the NVRA Voter Registration Agencies web page.
- Voter Registration List Maintenance: Creates requirements for how States maintain voter registration lists. The Act requires list maintenance programs to be uniform, non-discriminatory, and incorporate specific safeguards.
- Fail-Safe Voting: Provides for voters to cast a Provisional Ballot in certain circumstances, such as when a voter's name does no appear on the official list of registered voters.
- NVRA Record Keeping and Reporting: Keep track of voter registration statistics and report information to the United States Election Assistance Commission (EAC).
- National Voter Registration Form: Accept voter registration information submitted on the National Voter Registration Form.
For questions about Nevada and the NVRA, please email NVElect@sos.nv.gov. Voter Registration Agency staff should contact their Agency, Department, or Local Office NVRA Coordinator for assistance. A list of these contacts is available on the NVRA Voter Registration Agency web page.