FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Catherine Lu
(702) 486-6982 / 334-7953
(Carson City, NV; September 13, 2012) — Candidates and political action committees (PACs) using Secretary of State Ross Miller’s campaign finance disclosure system, Aurora, to file reports will experience an easier, more convenient process due to new system enhancements.
The Secretary of State’s IT team recently completed two system enhancements valuable to Aurora:
- Through a bulk data upload feature, Aurora customers can now easily upload multiple contributions & expenses without manually entering individual transactions.
- Aurora also has a new feature that notifies users, prior to submitting their report, that they have entered contributions and/or expenses of $100 or less, which is not required to be reported by law, and provides the user the option of including them or opting out.
Additional enhancements planned for later phases of Aurora include:
- More user-friendly filing features
- Resident Agent searches
- Penalties searches
- Hotlinks to the corporate details pages for corporate contributors and recipients
- Reports comparing original v. amended reports
- Online Group Registrations (e.g. Political Action Committees)
Launched in January 2012, Aurora provides Nevada voters with the opportunity to be better informed by accessing the user-friendly, searchable database for all campaign and public officer finance disclosures. Aurora provides illumination as to how campaigns and our elected representatives are funded.
Aurora is and will continue to be a technological build completed solely by the Secretary of State’s IT staff at no additional cost to taxpayers. Aurora can be found by clicking here.
# # #