Who is required to take a notary training class?
The following persons will be required to complete a 4 hour notary public education class conducted by the Nevada Secretary of State's Notary Division pursuant to NRS 240.018:
About the class:
The notary training class is designed to provide a detailed explanation of the roles and responsibilities of a notary. The class will cover important topics such as:
- identifying document signs
- what a notary certificate is and how to use it earnestly
- which identification is valid and which is not
- the correct information required in your notary journal
- who is required to keep a journal
- how long you must keep a journal
- how to avoid fines
- the fee you may collect for your notary service
- how to calculate these fees
- who is responsible for the notary stamp and journal
- what to do if your notary stamp is lost or stolen
- how to avoid easy mistakes
There is a $45 fee for the class, due at the time of registration.
1) Check the class availability before submitting registration form.
2) If you have not received your confirmation notice, you may call and verify your registration 36 hours before the scheduled class by calling (775) 684-5708 or by sending an inquiry to email@example.com
3) Cancellation requests must be submitted more than 7 working days before the date of the registered class, no refunds will be granted if received after the 7 day cutoff.
4) Once you are registered for a class there is a $10.00 fee to switch to another class. Transfers to another class must be completed 7 working days before the date of the registered class. No refunds can be issued if the request is received after the 7 working day deadline.
5) Any registration form received without the appropriate fee will be returned and will not be processed.
6) If you submit your registration form and the class is closed, we will return your request via first class mail.
7) Due to the size of each class, check-in may take 30 minutes.
8) You must be checked in at least 15 minutes prior to the start of the scheduled class time. All classes start promptly at the scheduled time. Arriving 15 minutes after the start of class will result in a forfiet of the class and registration fee.
9) Class attendance will close once registration reachs 200, allow enough time to check-in.
If you do not attend your reserved class, your payment is forfeited. There are no refunds for NO SHOWS.
You will receive a confirmation letter via mail. Confirmation letters or photo ID cards MUST be presented at the door or you will be asked to pay at the time of class. Refunds will be issued for duplicate payment.