The Secretary of State's Notary Division has developed an Online Notary Training platform which is now available.
Who is required to take a notary training class?
The following persons will be required to complete a 3-hour notary public education class conducted by the Nevada Secretary of State's Notary Division pursuant to NRS 240.018 and AB 65:
About the class:
The notary training class is designed to provide a detailed explanation of the roles and responsibilities of a notary. The class will cover important topics such as:
- identifying document signers
- what a notary certificate is and how to use it earnestly
- which identification is valid and which is not
- the correct information required in your notary journal
- who is required to keep a journal
- how long you must keep a journal
- how to avoid fines
- the fee you may collect for your notary service
- how to calculate these fees
- who is responsible for the notary stamp and journal
- what to do if your notary stamp is lost or stolen
- how to avoid easy mistakes
View Notary Class Schedule
How to Register for a Class
You can now register for notary classes online. Please click here to begin your class registration.
For ONLINE CLASS ONLY
1. Register and pay for the training ($45) online.
2. Log back in to your NVSOS account and access the confirmation letter under Profile and then My Registrations tab
3. Follow the instructions on the confirmation letter to access the online notary training on an external site. Please note that you will need to create a separate user account once you get to the online notary training page.
For In-Person & Online Classes
The fee is $45 for the class, due at the time of registration and is non-refundable.
If you are paying by credit card, please use our online registration service.
All major credit cards are accepted. There is no additional fee for online registration.
Please see cancellation policy below.
You can also transfer classes and cancel classes online. Please refer to transfer and cancellation policies below.
If you are paying by check, you must submit a paper application. Please note that due to demand for classes, the class you request may not be available by the time your paper registration is processed.
Download Class Registration Form (PDF)
Class Registration Policies
No-Show Policy: If you do not attend your reserved class, payment will be forfeited. (In-person class only)
Class Transfer Policy: There is a $10 fee to transfer or switch classes. Transferring to another class must be completed no later than 10 business days prior to the class for which you are registered. Transfer fees are non-refundable. (In-person class only)
Cancellation Policy: Class registration fees are non-refundable. If you cancel a class more than 10 business days before the date of the class for which you are registered, you will receive a credit in the amount of the class ($45.00) that will be good for one year from the date of cancellation which can be used toward the cost of enrollment in another class. No credit will be issued for a class cancellation if the request is received after the 10th business day deadline. We reserve the right to review a cancellation based on extenuating circumstances. (In-person class only)
Notary Class Admittance (In-person class only)
- You MUST present your Confirmation letter at the door or you will be asked to pay by cash or check at the time of class. A refund by check will be issued within 60 days for duplicate payment.
- You must be checked in at least 15 minutes prior to the start of the scheduled class time. All classes start promptly at the scheduled time. Arriving 15 minutes after the start of class will result in a forfeit of the class and registration fee.
- Check-in may take 30 minutes, so allow enough time to check-in before each class.